Sunday 8 January 2012

Cornish Love Affair

I grew up in Cornwall surrounded by beautiful countryside, rugged coastline and gorgeous beaches. Having spent the last three years studying and working in Bath, I have realised just how much I take this glorious county for granted and how much I now miss living there. My dream of working as part of an editorial team for a magazine seems closer to coming true while I am based in Bath but as everyday passes I feel even more drawn to packing up and heading home. I have many favourite spots in Cornwall with Chapel Porth Beach in St. Agnes and Trebarwith Strand between Tintagel and Boscastle at the top of my list. I recently realised that although I have a strong passion for Cornwall I have never actually written about it and that this could be my next step. So with this in mind I am going to send my C.V to Cornwall Today Magazine in the hope that I might be able to secure some freelance work or by some small miracle an editorial position, giving me a job I love in a place that has impacted on my life in such a positive way. I guess I have realised that inspiration for great travel writing is right on my doorstep.

                                                                    Trebarwith Strand

No comments:

Post a Comment