Thursday 19 May 2011

Sweet Paris!

Paris has always been a city that I have longed to visit, so when the chance arose for a long weekend I snapped it up immediately. Being a student it proves increasingly difficult to travel as far and as regularly as I'd like, so I cherish any chance or opportunity that I come across. With the Louvre Museum and the Eiffel Tower (predictable I know) in my sights I was ready to explore. There is something thrilling about finding your way around a foreign city, reading maps and using the french underground were both things I was looking forward to.

The Louvre Museum was nothing short of stunning, I could not fathom the immense size and exquisite architecture of this national treasure, and that was just the exterior. Inside there were a maze of interlocking corridors and chambers, each room home to cultural antiquities and priceless treasures.

Although I have to say I was disappointed with the 'Mona Lisa' and found that not only were you prevented from getting anywhere near the masterpiece, but that it was encased inside shatter-proof glass, which meant that taking pictures was near impossible, unless you particularly like having a reflective glare across the captured image.

The Eiffel Tower lit up the evening sky, a magnificent structure, standing proud on the Parisian landscape. Queing on a wintery night I was eager to travel to the top and survey the city from amongst the clouds. Tourist atrractions aside there is much to do and see in Paris, and experiencing lunch in a lively cafe is a must!

No comments:

Post a Comment